So I’m even embarrassed to apologise because I’ve already apologised too many times this year. But hey, I’m back again. And I’m a year older! I celebrated my birthday last week, on the 13th of June and I must say this year I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday. I haven’t felt this way in a very very long time! I didn’t get a car neither was I taken to Zanzibar for my birthday or anything. I was just happy. I was in a happy place and it’s been a while since I’ve been here.
A couple of lessons I’ve learned in the past years.
- Not everything goes your way – Being the last born I always felt that I should always have my way. Growing up, and life told me “Nahh boo!” and it’s actually okay!
- You are capable of way more than you think!
- You are not perfect! – So stay in your lane and be the best version of you!
- Just try! – You’ll never know whether you’ll fail or succeed if you don’t try. Just try!
- Many people won’t like you. It’s okay. Just keep it moving!
- If you don’t start the conversation, they won’t either. – The box doesn’t do you any good. Talk, network and rise up! There’s always a lesson to be learned from people.
- If you feel beautiful, then you are! Claim it! Own it!
- Never down play yourself! You are probably as amazing as they say you are! – Still practicing this.
- You have no time to waste. WORK!
- Always dwell on the positive. – The negative has a great way of weighing you down. Not worth it!
- The Law of Attraction works! – Speak the life you want into existence. With faith it shall happen. I’ve experienced this first-hand!
- We all fail sometime, make mistakes, say the wrong thing. Apologise, fix up, get up, keep it moving!
- You don’t have to like every guy who pursues you! – This! I always felt bad ignoring people but really if you not into it, you aren’t. Don’t feel bad for it.
- Be yourself, everybody else is already taken!
- Love yourself! – Take care of you emotionally, physically and mentally. No one else really cares.
- Love exists. – Be open to love.
- And lastly – Keep doing what you’re doing. Keep rising. Keep winning. Keep shining, Someone is watching and they are inspired by you!
And a major shout out to these two people who brought me into this world. I love you beyond!
Til’ next time! Let’s have fun discover and share!