This week I’m back with another DIY. This is a super simplified version of the Shea Butter Mix with only two ingredients. I had to make it because my hair was struggling and I couldn’t wait to collect all the ingredients. My hair needed moisture! It was an SOS situation so I made this mix which I’m loving already and my hair is happy again!
Let’s get into it!
What you’ll need :
Raw Shea Butter
Pure Castor Oil
A Zip lock/ Sandwich bag
A pot of boiling water
Benefits of Shea Butter:
- Raw shea butter provides moisture to dry and damaged hair and skin
- It repairs natural hair breakage and itchy skin
- Raw shea butter is able to smooth and soften afro hair strands
- It does not cause buildup
- It helps you if you have scalp issues: e.g. drandruff, eczema or dermatitis
- Raw shea butter is a great protection against weather damage (winter)
- It acts like a shield to protect your hair and skin against sunlight
- This butter can also protect your hair getting heat damage
- You can use raw shea butter as sealent to seal the moisture in for a longer period of timeSource : Frolicious
Benefits of Castor Oil:
- Increases hair growth and controls hair loss
- Fights scalp infections and dandruff
- Reduces split ends
- Serves as a natural conditioner and moisturiser.Source : The Health Site
So that is why my hair was desperate for these two ingredients! And thank goodness there is a sign of life again! Have you ever made your own Shea Butter whip? Which ingredients did you use?
Let’s have fun , discover and share!